Monday, January 28, 2008

Laisez lais Bon Temps ROULEZ!!!!

OK...for those of you NOT from New Orleans (or familiar with the French language) that means "Let the Good times roll!" It's the classic battle cry during Mardi Gras season in THE City (aka N'awlins!) and I'm so excited to be getting a little taste of "home" here in Texas. Yep...TEXAS Y'all!

My youngest attends a phenomenal private school in the town where we live and our Parents Association does MAJOR fundraising throughout the year to assist with the rising cost of education. Our largest event of the year is known as "Jubilee" and this year's theme is Mardi Gras! It's a night of dinner, dancing, and fun with both silent and live auctions--and I can't wait for Friday night.

It has been exciting to contact those from "back home" and invite them to share in our event via donations for auction as well as sharing with my fellow Texans the history associated with Mardi Gras. Yes, there is MORE to it than drunken displays on Bourbon Street! lol...

I actually felt like I was back in high school a few weeks ago (the GOOD part of high school, that is!) when I went shopping with my mom for a gown to wear to the event. It was SO thrilling to feel like a GIRL again! That was until my mom commented, "I think it's been over 15 years since we did this last!" OUCH!!! :-)

But, I'm not letting AGE get me down! I can't wait to get my hair and make-up done, slip on that black dress and totally knock the SOCKS of my hubby when I walk out! For the first time in a LONG time, I'll get to feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. We moms just don't get enough of that!

I'll post pictures this weekend after the event!

What's something that YOU haven't done in a long while to make yourself feel special?? Do SOMETHING today!

~~Edie

5 comments:

Crista said...

I remember when my dad moved us to Ft. Polk when he joined the army. Louisiana was a pretty unique state to say the least!lol New Orleans was awesome though!

I don't really do anything for myself since I have a 6 month old, a 2 year old and my needy husband. One of these days I will!

Anonymous said...

Remember, age is just a number! And after reading your profile, you are still a "baby." LOL I've been married longer than you've been alive. Have a great time at your party. Sounds fun.

N.Hirn said...

Sounds like a wonderful party. I agree with Lesley, age is just a number. Have fun!

Sherry said...

That sounds like fun! Have a great time!

Sherry

Dancingsouls said...

I know a few French words here and there. I studied a bit of it in highschool long ago. I'd love to learn it to where i could speak it fluently. Have fun on Friday!